Lip augmentation is the method by which lips can be transformed to make them fuller, plumper, more defined, and also give the 'pout' that people love to have.
This is acheived by using dermal (hyaluronic acid) fillers. See this section for further details.
The full consultation for lip treatment is the same as for other treatments with hyaluronic acid fillers. The full consultation, including treatment and medical history will usually take about 45-60 minutes for your first treatment. After this, it will take from 30-45 minutes.
After taking initial details and investigating the results you would like you acheive, the decision on which areas to treat will be made.
Anaesthetic cream will be applied to the areas to be treated. This takes 15-20 minutes to work during which time, more details will be taken and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you have about the treatment.
The areas treated will be:
- The lip border (vermillion) - this will give your lips more definition and make them appear fuller.
- The outer body of the lips - this will make them appear fuller.
- The inner body of the lips - this will push them outwards, creating the pout effect.
- The cupid's bow - this will add definition here.
- Filler can also be inserted in the side of the lips to upturn downturned lips.
A tiny needle 0.41mm in diameter (that is less than half a millimetre) is inserted into the previously anaethetised areas chosen to inject the filler. Most people do not find this uncomfortable. Approximately 2-3 injections will be needed per side to treat the lips.
A follow-up will be organised in 7-14 days to ensure you are getting the best results.